Monday, January 4, 2010

My wish list for 2010

I know everyone is complaining about 2009.

Some people really deserve to, with economic breakdowns, illnesses diagnosed, the passing of loved ones and more.

But it makes me a little sad for poor old 2009. Last year I got married. I went to Maui. I moved into a great house. I got a dog. I started paying off debt and was quite successful at it.

I will miss 2009.

But that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to all the surprises this year has in store. 2010 has nothing but promise.

I like promise.

While I never make resolutions (I'm resolved about very few things in life, and would like to keep it that way), here's what I'd like from 2010:
  • Teach me to play the guitar. It's time to stop beating around the bush: After years of trying to convince everyone I know to pick up a musical instrument, I've come to realize that it was all about me. I've always wanted to learn the guitar and piano. So this year, I'm tackling the guitar. (It seemed a lot simpler and less expensive than the piano.)
  • Help me figure out how to buy a house. I am so not ready to buy a house. I don't have a down payment saved up, I don't have a savings account to speak of AND I still have a lot of work to do to pay off my debt. But ... I've got a plan that's working to get me to all of those places, sooner rather than later. So I want to check that plain with the professionals out there.
  • Take me on vacation. My honeymoon in 2009 was an utterly magical week. And it made me realize how much the hubs and I need to get away from it all. We need it for ourselves, for relaxation; and we need it for each other, for bonding. I'd like to see Seattle and New York this year.
  • Keep me on track, financially. Like I said, we've got a great plan in place for debt/savings. We just have to keep going.
  • Avoid all my attempts at excuses. I have some wonderful excuses that I've worked hard on over the years to keep me away from the gym and in the cookie jar. I'd like all those excuses thwarted, if possible.
  • Allow me some kindness. I firmly believe that we don't show ourselves enough kindness and acceptance. I hope to change that this year.

I also resolve to change and adjust these requests at will, based on my needs at any given moment in 2010.

How's that for a resolution?

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. THIS ARTICLES ARE ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER COM ACROSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. i rather spend time reading this articles than any other one in other sites

    ReplyDelete