Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting started

I have never been able to relax.

I used to think I could just sit on the couch and watch TV endlessly, without a care in the world. Then I realized that the last time I did that, I was working 60-plus hours a week as a newspaper reporter ... and hanging out in the newsroom when I wasn't on the clock.

These days, I need a project. A hobby. First, I blogged about my trials and tribulations during a 40-pound weight loss. Once the weight was off, I learned to knit. I started giving out cookies for Christmas. I got engaged. I bought a sewing machine. After the wedding, we moved.

As you can see, my interests are varied. I may not be a pastry chef, a clothing designer, a quilter, a fitness coach or an organization guru, but I know a little bit about a little bit.

So when I decided it was time to close down my weight-loss blog, I wanted to start something new. But what to write about? My thought process went a little something like this:

Oooh, I can test recipies! Bake cakes and cook something from Paula Deen every day!

I can start a garden! Learn photography! Sew a quilt!

What about organization? I'm a great organizer! Let's do it!

Since I couldn't decide ... and generally project-hop a the mood suits me, I thought, "Why not do it all?"

So check out the to-do list to the right. Those are my goals for the year. That's what I'll be talking about. You'll be hearing about my successes, my failures and my non-starters. I'll post pictures and updates, and comments about the fallout of said successes and failures from my life.

If I steal a recipe or an idea, I'll cop to it. If I discover something on my own, I'll brag about it.

Mostly, I hope I learn from it all, and add a few more talents to my collection!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo!! Steph and her blog is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I meant 'are'...gosh, who better to make that slip up then with you!

    ReplyDelete